Wednesday 8 April 2015

BMFA Achievment Scheme

Now that we are a fully affiliated BMFA club and we have our own flat field site, would anyone be Interested in gaining there 'A' or 'B' badge for silent flight (electric / thermal / slope) gliders?
I have my 'A' for powered aircraft but would like my one for glider flying as well plus it demonstrates to the BMFA that we are a responsible and progressive club.
It would be good to have these qualifications within the club and hopefully we could get ourselves our very own club Instructor to provide basic instructional flights for any new or training pilots. I am aware most of us are have a good level of competency but I for one would like to have a bash at the tests through the BMFA. I think Bernie is an examiner, maybe I will have a chat with him about it.
Here is a link to the BMFA site detailing the basic tests on offer. Please let me know if there is any Interest in doing your gliding 'A' and/or 'B' badges and I will do my best to get something sorted out?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I for one would love to try the A and even the B if possible. I also think that Kevin is an examiner (but not sure)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, yes please! Then I`ll be able to fly at Barton Point this year.

    ReplyDelete