Sunday 15 February 2015

Going Solo..........

Doesn't often happen but nobody could make todays flying at Wolstonbury so I went solo and boy was it worth the trip. The weather was just like a spring day. I couldn't say it was warm (8 degrees) but it wasn't cold and I could fly without gloves or transmitter mitt and still feel my fingers after an hour and a half's flying.
Watch Videos in HD and full screen for best viewing
The wind was between 8 and 12 mph E - ENE which is what was exactly forecast. Having no one else standing next to you meant that I could fly as close as possible and be much more adventurous with my flying. I flew my ZULU which excelled itself with control and manoeuvrability. I was not too impressed when I flew it in 20mph winds but today it was right on the button. I have never flown such a slope glider before. Even inverted (which I still haven't mastered yet) it flew so well. Also I had Tim's Traceur which as usual put up a very confident and balanced performance in the light conditions. I love both of these gliders but today the ZULU won hands down or should that be 'Inverted'.
You know, when I found out no one else was gong to come along today I nearly chucked in the towel and stayed ay home but I am so glad I made the effort as I had one of the best flying days for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment