Tuesday 11 March 2014

Alula Evo - Just fling and fly!

Something that I have been wanting to try for a long time was a DLG (Discus Launch Glider) but never had the money to afford a decent DLG glider so I have been looking around for a cheap alternative. I liked the look of the Alula Evo but couldn't locate any in the country or abroad but then out of the blue T9Hobbysport had some in stock, so I gave into temptation and ordered one together with the servo's and flight battery. Well, it arrived today in a tiny box and Tim's building skills should have it up and running very soon. Here is a few video's of Alula's in flight. Looks like a lot of fun!
The alula is not a true DLG but its relatively cheap as an introduction to another side of this fascinating sport. It should be able to fly in light winds up on the slope or from a flat field site and hand launched to sniff out those tiny thermals near to the ground. As you can see from the last video it can also be DS'd (Dynamic Soaring) something else I have never tried before. If anyone else is interested in getting one or even better already have an Alula Evo, please let me know as it would be good to exchange notes.
I will let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment