Sunday 16 February 2014

A beauitiful morning on Itford Hill

Rob, Graham, Dave, Terry, Geoffrey and me all climbed our way up to nearly the top of Itford Hill. Those brave (some say daft!) climbed straight up the steepest part of the hill while the other sensible people took the wander along the South Downs Way.
The wind wasn't the best but the warming sunshine, fantastic views and the very good company made a most enjoyable morning slope soaring.
We saw a host of new gliders coming out to play. Graham had a lovely big floaty glider that made excellent use of the light lift.
Terry brought along two new gliders from the SAS stable. A 46'' Wildthing and a 60'' Wildthing both immaculately finished and given the light winds performed ok.
Geoffrey seemed to find most of the lift during one flight and seemed to only come down because of the ice that had formed on the leading edge of his Spectre.
I flew my Ninja and had a couple of flights with the camera fitted but the decreasing wind made the extra weight too much. I then got out my Typhoon. I was a bit apprehensive given my track record and breaking the fuselage but it was amazing. It performed so well it a very light breeze and soon was climbing away in nice little thermals.
I had two flights and had a great time with the Typhoon.
David and Geoffrey had goes on with the Ninja and flew it very well. This for me was the best day of the year so far. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment