Saturday 4 September 2021

Friday Morning Flying at Bopeep

 It’s been a while since I was last at Bopeep and due to the North Easterly wind, it was chosen as today’s flying location. I met Robin A at the East side from the car park, usually used by the paragliders but with the strong wind we took the opportunity to fly here. 

Robin A brought along his Phase 6 and the Mesfisto gliders. I had my Dream Flight Ahi. Robin was first away and enjoying the experience. I tried to sort out the trim of my Ahi before launching it off the slope. Unfortunately, it did not go well as I turned the glider it struck the ground nose first. Our more learned members would probably say the conditions were near the very edge of the envelope for the Ahi. Some minor damage occurred but nothing that a large tube of glue won’t fix. 

Mark J arrived with a SAS Wildthing and his Max Thrust Aggressor which were ideal for the conditions of the day. A little later Richard W joined us from the West side of the car park, bringing along a FS4000 and his magnificent Carbon Dorado glider. Nick G arrived with his Phase 6.

Phase 6, Mesfisto and Ahi.

We had a message from a fellow club member to keep an eye out for a canopy cover from a Middle Phase that came to a sticky end yesterday. As I had now had an opportunity to search for it, I went to the crash site and luckily found it. 

FS4000
I decided to call it a day and go home, leaving behind the group still enjoying the day's flying and 2 very optimistic paragliders waiting for the wind to drop. 

Max Thrust Aggressor and SAS Wildthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment