Friday 12 September 2014

This Sunday - 14th September

Hi all
I went down and flew at both Ditchling Beacon and Wolstonbury Hill this evening. Both hills worked but one better than the other, which was Wolstonbury Hill.
One handed picture whilst still trying to fly!
Maybe I should try it more often?
So, I am going to take a punt with Wolstonbury Hill on Sunday morning from 9.00. Its a good sized bowl and the wind does get funnelled nicely up into good lift. The only down side to this place is the limited parking, Please be warned 8 cars maximum and then your having to find alternative parking but no sure where. I suggest as many as us should car share. Either meet up at Jack and Jill and take one car over to 'The Three Grays' stable yard car park or arrange between you to pick someone up. I put a link on my previous post a few days back yo exactly where this place is if your not sure.
The latest weather forecast (from XC) show a ENE wind at 10 - 17mph but add a few mph on as its up around 800ft high.Park (if you can) in front of the yard at the top of the road and walk up the track for about 5 mins. Then you will come to a cross roads of paths. Look for the gate slightly to your right and go through there and into the field. Walk up the hill and the bowl is on your left and ahead of you. Any problems / questions, please just give me a call.
Paul 07834 859018