Thursday 28 August 2014

Soaring Mill Hill on 28th Aug 2014

Hi All,
Today Graham, Clint and I met at Mill Hill for some soaring.
When Graham and I arrived, there was wind but almost no lift because the wind was too Westerly.
After a short while it moved more South Westerly and we were all able to fly.
I was going to maiden test my Hacker Vagabond which Tim Hampshire kindly put together for me, but it was too blustery, so it stayed in the boot. Graham flew his Fusion, Mijet and Vagabond, but agreed it was not a good day to test mine.
Clint arrived to find the wind exactly where we wanted it, but very blustery - gusting up to 25 mph at times. Clint flew his M60 and Pzazz.
I flew my Stargazer, but a relatively soft landing in long grass caused the wing to twist and fuselage snapped along an old break.
May be that the Stargazer won't fly again..

We met a lot of locals who were very friendly and I also helped Les (from SRFC) to set up his new Wildthing which went very well.

A good 3 hours of flying.

Rob Stanley