Tuesday 7 April 2020

Who wants to fly the cliffs at Newhaven?

Today I want to take you soaring on the cliffs at Newhaven Fort in East Sussex. The flying site works well in a Southerly or SSE / SSW. Sometimes we are joined or rather we join the Paragliders who tend to rock up and inhabit the complete flying site.
Here is Ian's trusty old Euphoria. This model has been through a lot in its life and Ian never ceases to amaze me on how well he can fly this battered out heavy mouldy.
The wind was light with very soft lift and I was flying an heavy old mouldy (again my Valenta Dragon) at Newhaven Fort. It was a very memorable session this one as it took me a while to gain enough height to actually be able to land back on top of the slope.
Next we have some M60 racing with Ian again down at the cliffs at Newhaven Fort. Lots of smooth lift and a beautiful view over the sea and Newhaven Harbour.

And now a few landings at Newhaven Fort Cliffs
Well that's it from the sunny cliffs of Newhaven. I hope you are still enjoying the videos.

Any suggestions on what you would like to see next?

1 comment:

  1. Great videos Paul, I love the onboard camera because you get a totally different view of what the cliffs look like.

    Do you have any video of the field (either the old one or the current one)

    ReplyDelete