Saturday 4 April 2020

Some On-board Glider Footage

For todays 'looking back' series of posts I thought we could share some onboard footage from camara's fitted to various RC model gliders.
raUThe first one comes from my old Dreamflight Libelle DLG flying over The Ashdown Forest in July 2014. The camera was the old style keyring camera so the quality of video is not the best but it captures the feel of the flight. This model was launched by hand (DLG) and climbed away in thermals. I fairly sure Rob S and Graham U was with me on this visit to the forest. The model climbed away to a speck and did some spinning to get it back to me for a catch landing.
Please watch these in the highest quality available on YouTube.
Now here is one of my more memorable trips to the Isle of |Wight again with Rob and Jack. Here I was flying my old rudder / elevator 3m Algebra. We flew at Culver Down near Bembridge on the Isle of Wight. Its a little nerve racking chucking your model off a vertical chalk face over the sea. The lift was constant but light so the Algebra was the perfect model for gently cruising around while filming.
The next video I have chosen for you was taken from Ditchling Beacon (West) flying my old Valenta Dragon. The video features some on-board footage and some filming from my headcam. 
Today's last video was filmed at one of my favourite locations - The Bwlch in South Wales. It was filmed on a very pleasant New Years Day with light winds but crystal clear skies. The model is my Nan Ex-Pro which comes out to play in very light conditions. I was joined with Steve Houghton, and Ian A plus some other locals.
I hope you are enjoying looking back on some of my more memorable flying sessions using on-board camera footage?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I really enjoy the on-board videos, you can get a much better idea of the layout of the hill, etc.... your inverted flying in the first video is excellent, but I got a bit giddy at the end !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By-the-way, I took over that Algebra and now it's with Scotty !

    ReplyDelete