Monday 22 October 2018

A beautiful day for mid October.

Just the four of us up on Itford Hill yesterday. I met Ian at my work and we set off for Itford with a selection of light wind gliders, as the forecast was for a very light westerly. We met up with Scotty and Tony and made the slog up the hill with arms full of models.
At the top of the Westerly slope we were met with a gentle on slope breeze. Not enough for Tony's Wild Thing but enough for Scotty's Libelle DLG and Weasel. Talking off a Weasel glider. Have you seen Tim has a brand new Weasel for sale, see the post below for a ready built, ready to go model perfect for those lighter wind days. Tony flew my Zulu and managed to float around fine. I flew all my models including the Ascot which went into sub orbit with some great thermals and as the wind got lighter I flew my Expro. Ian was doing a fine job with his Jedi and his electric thermal glider.
The wind then moved round from the North West. Picked up the whole lot and marched up to the NW bowl at the top. The wind had moved round into the bowl but still not much. We played for another hour or so. The DLG's came out again and myself and Ian enjoyed the challenge just to sty up. Thanks who came along to play.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed you all, I am feeling a bit better now, so maybe next weekend ………..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better Rob. Cheers guys, it was another great session and fab weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, I am so envious of your great flying sites, I live south of Perth Western Australia and it is soooo flat except some sand dunes on the coast, our only upside is thermal soaring. Hope to return for a holiday next year, would love to fly from my brother in law's cliffs on the north Cornish coast near Boscastle.Find our club here on facebook, MADMAC Mandurah and Districts Model Aero Club Best wishes Neil

    ReplyDelete