Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Take Great Care in this Very Hot Weather

 

I would like to issue a note of caution to all our members during this exceptionally hot and dry weather.

The BMFA Free-Flight Technical Committee has postponed all competitions until later in the year due to the hot and dry conditions. The Ashdown Forest Flyers have also decided that they will not fly during this very hot spell for fear of doing damage to the Forest.

As we primarily fly on areas of the South Downs which are tinder dry grass at the moment, I would caution all members to be extremely diligent and careful when using LiPo or similar batteries on areas of grass which are very dry.
Any very hot batteries or sparks can start a grass fire, so I ask that you all be very careful indeed.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Best regards
Rob Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment