Saturday 23 December 2017

Rough as olds boots

Rob, Ian and myself flew at Itford Hill today. Not a bad wind strength but really bad turbulence led to some interesting flights. My 4 m Carbonara was being chucked all round the place and it would suddenly drop out of the sky like a stone. Had to make sure you carried plenty of speed. Ian had the same treatment with his Jedi. Poor Rob was not so lucky and his Mini Vec had a slight incident with the ground and as usual the ground won. I understand a new fuselage has been purchased and will be with Rob soon. at the end it was drizzling and getting rough but strangely light lift. Even had great trouble keeping the M60 up. Roll on after Chrimbo for some more flying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, yes the mini Vec fuselage cracked behind the wing (as usual). I tested everything when I got home and it all works fine, so I looked on T9 and they had 1 white fuse left so I bought it. I have de-constructed the old one and got all the parts out including the servo tray, wiring loom, servos and ballast tube, so I just have to wait for the new fuse.

    ReplyDelete