Thursday 11 May 2023

Itford Hill 10th May 2023

I arrived at the bottom at 8:30 to be greeted by very little wind but as I walked up I felt the breeze picking up, by the time I arrived at the top a reasonable breeze was blowing.

After getting my breath back and a drink of tea I was ready to give it a go.

I had carried three models up the hill - my Wildthing, my Lidl glider and my Starlet.

First flight was with the Wildthing but after a few tries I decided there was not enough wind so I tried my Lidl glider which flew ok after some trimming etc.
After a few flights I had a servo failure so that was finished for the day.

By this time Robin Adam arrived  with his Mefisto and his small Thong from Silence models France.

He flew both models ok but as the wind increased both flew really well and I was getting on great with the Wildthing.

At About 11:30 the 4 Germans that Paul met the day before arrived with an array of different models.

I left at about 13:45 by this time a very good breeze was blowing, so not a bad morning considering the forecast.



Kevin More



 

No comments:

Post a Comment