Friday 3 September 2021

                                            Thursday 2nd Sept at Ditchling Beacon


Yesterday Rob S and Bill H  went to Ditchling Beacon at 08:30 to avoid the crowds in the car park. As it happened there was no crowd and the car park was pretty empty all day.

We started by trimming the old club Spectre which Bill has remade and improved. It only really needed a little up elevon adjustment and it seemed to fly pretty well albeit a bit twitchy. We found a problem with the battery connection so it was grounded until Bill can fix it.

Then I got the club Wildthing in the air and Bill took over , he was doing remarkably well for his 4th or 5th flight ever, I didn't really have to intervene except for landing. In fact I got Bill to practice a few landings and they went pretty well, so he's coming along quickly.

Then I got out my re-covered Ninja (I have 2 , but this is my original one) it didn't need any trimming at all and it flew brilliantly, so I've now got my faithful old Ninja back with a new colour scheme.


After nearly 2 hours we decided that we would pack up for the day, so we both left. The car park still wasn't full by any means but there was a very optimistic ice cream van up there waiting in vain for customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment