Monday 9 September 2019

Peter Goldsmith Sapphire Maiden at Firle Beacon

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted on our great blog. I have been building a Peter Goldsmith Sapphire for a few months now and as you may have seem I had various issues with the kit along the way but with the help from RC Europe and Peter himself I finally got it built and maidened yesterday at Firle Beacon.
The model is very light as it has a basic balsa skeletal framework. The rudder / elevator controls and the big dihedral wing makes it a stable flier.
It was a little windier than I would have chosen but the Sapphire glider dealt with the bumps and knocks very well. I did find the lack of build instructions and guidance a big issue but it did make me have to find solutions to problems that will stand me in good stead for other builds.
 
 
 To see the complete Sapphire Build - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment