Tuesday 28 May 2019

Itford Slope Racing

Had a great session earlier today up on Itford Hill. I met up with Ian D, Rob P and James, John M and Mark J. Ian was maidening his AHI which seemed very at home with the light. John was ripping up the sky with his Strega and later he put in some ballast as the lift improved. Rob P turned into a speed freak with his Erwin screaming around. I really enjoyed racing John with my Phase 6 and his Strega. I must say that there was not a huge amount in it. My poor little Phase 6 has never flown so fast. I think we all enjoyed getting some height and coming ''right to left'' across the slope in front of us as fast as the models would allow.
James did well flying his foamy and then moved on to fly his dads Erwin on the buddy. That Erwin goes well and Rob was putting it through its paces up there. It was really suited for the conditions there today.
Mark was flying a very fast flying wing as well as his blaster and I saw a Vector too.
As the wind was light initially I took the ballast out from my Merlow and she flew around a treat but no sooner as I took the ballast out I need to put the ballast back in as the wind and subsequently the lift improved nicely. A great day to practise those landings and I must say guys I saw some very good landings up there today!
I really enjoyed my flying today as it had been nearly a month since I had last flown and look forward to next weekend for some more slope action.

No comments:

Post a Comment